Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Brunson's Safe & Lock Co.

Brunson Safe & Lock Co
4137 Plank Rd
BATON ROUGE, LA 70805
Phone: (225) 356-3515

As you all know I'm in property management - the job that never stops. I'm technically still working even though I'm not in the city. Today, I had to copy building keys and overnight them to our main office. Commercial building keys can't just be copied at Wal-Mart or Home Depot. I had to go to a Locksmith. First of all, the keys say "Do Not Duplicate", so I had to explain the whole situation to the Locksmith and thankfully he said okay and copied them anyway. When he finished I held out my debit card and he said that debit cards are not working today. So, Kent and I pulled out our cash to pay him in cash, but he refused to take it. He would not accept our money because we are from New Orleans and he couldn't take it knowing all the problems we have there right now. We tried to insist on paying him, but he simply would not take it. So, Kent shook his hand and we thanked him. Although it wouldn't have broken us to pay for those keys, it was just a small example of the kindness being extended by this city and nieghboring communities to the evacuees from New Orleans.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jessica & Kent,
Hey! We are really sorry to hear about everything that has happened in Louisiana. We are glad that you guys are safe and are out of harms way! We want to send ya'll our prayers!
Desi & Colin.

Anonymous said...

Jessica and Kent,
I've been trying to call and "all circuits are busy". I'm glad to know you are ok.

Anonymous said...

Jessica and Kent,
I've been trying to call and "all circuits are busy". I'm glad to know you are ok. Kellie

About Me

My photo
I'm married to a man, have one baby girl named Julianne and one dog-child named Coca. The man is Professor Longhair.