Saturday, February 18, 2006

My Summer Breeze Turned Into a North Wind

As the hair around my forehead blew ever-so-slightly in the breeze created by the fan, I fell asleep to the sound of Kent's breathing, which was, for the first time in months, not drowned out by the sound of the A/C or heater. It was fabulous. For the last two nights I've enjoyed sleeping in shorts and a tee and covering with just a sheet. It was warm and comfortable and it felt like Summer was on its way. I wore a skirt to work on Wednesday and bought some new strappy, black heels. I even contemplated putting on the Neutrogena tan this week. I am definitely ready for Summer (except for the swimsuit part - I'm never quite ready for that).

Even though I'm not in school anymore and off for the whole Summer, it's still my favorite time of the year. It's exciting...vacations, barbeques, my birthday, longer days, watermelon and West Nile.

Ahhh...Vacations. I never realized how much I absolutely loved going on vacation until I started working full-time. It was always great fun and I looked forward to them, but now, it's the pot of gold at the end of my yearly rainbow, it's the cherry on top of my year of Sundays, it's the flag atop my mountain of Mondays. I can smell it now...

Unfortunately, it's now 54 degrees! The low will be 43 tonight. I guess it's back to flannel PJ's, heavy blankets and the heater. Wah-wah. I know, I know, it's much colder in Denver...

4 comments:

Bee-ryan said...

"...and West Nile"? Nothing like a good ole' LA summer!

katie said...

Our high today is:
(drum roll please!)
28degrees! Yes, that is Fahrenheit.

I HATE the cold. I can't wait for summer, too. Just hearing you talking about sleeping in shorts and a tee made me drool!!!

Did you know that in Europe it's not uncommon to take the "typical" 2 to 4 WEEKS of vacation at least once per year? Can you imagine that? THey sure have the right idea.

Of course, they have other problems, but...

katie said...

okay, now that I read that post it sounds funny, the drooling thing. You know that I'm not weird like that.

I just really can't wait to be able to walk around without 3 or 4 layers of clothing on! To wear shorts and a tee shirt sounds like paradise right now, while we have snow on the ground and icicles on everything and the only time we feel warm is in the bathtub.

Anonymous said...

It was -10 last week. But I feel your pain. Kellie

About Me

My photo
I'm married to a man, have one baby girl named Julianne and one dog-child named Coca. The man is Professor Longhair.