Saturday, September 09, 2006

I Love Crime

Okay, I don't love actual crime that happens in our own neighborhoods and cities, like murders, theft, assault, etc. I don't condone or hope for some "rockin' crimes" to happen each night so that I can be entertained. But I do love reading or watching shows about crime, mostly murder. Not, mystery books or anything like that. I like to hear about the real crimes.

I've been so into Court TV lately. I like to ride the stationary bike while watching Forensic Files. Last night I could not go to sleep until I saw the end of Women Behind Bars.

I especially like to see stuff about serial killers. Granted, it does scare me and I feel like I might be killed at any moment, but at least it helps me grasp my own mortality, right? I will often select movies based on true stories about serial killers. I'm just baffled by their urge to kill and I always hope that they will give some sort of insight as to why they were killing.

I've always enjoyed Unsolved Mysteries. My mom and dad can attest to the fact that I was 17 years old and sleeping on the floor in their room because I'd just finished an episode of Unsolved Mysteries and was afraid to be alone.

I watched CSI for a while and its okay, I guess. Its not real enough though. I like to see real clues, real blood spray patterns and real crime photos. It's not that I have some morbid obsession with seeing photos of dead people. I just like seeing the path that leads the investigators to the killer.

I've always thought I'd like to be a detective and I think I'd be good, if I do say so myself. Unfortunately, I start to pass out when I see real, live, blood (as in "not-on-tv" blood).

So, my dreams of being Detective Jessica won't be fulfilled
I will not solve the mysteries of those that are killed
That's okay; investigators will do fine without me
I'll just live vicariously through Court TV.

1 comment:

beth hintze said...

Check this out: http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_killers/weird/index.html (I don't know how to make it link--sorry!)We used to print the stories out and pass them around the office on slow days when I was working at the MDA. Truly weird and shocking...but addictive! :)

About Me

My photo
I'm married to a man, have one baby girl named Julianne and one dog-child named Coca. The man is Professor Longhair.