Friday, September 15, 2006

You may be right...I may be crazy...

Hey, but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for...

First of all, let me just say that Kent must be a saint, because I don't think any mere human could stay married to me.

I'd had somewhat of a stressful day and week. We're working on packing, we have absolutely no idea when our new apartment will be ready because a lug was burnt on the electrical meter and they had to get an electrician, then they have to pull a permit and blah blah blah we don't know when we're moving in. So, we may or may not have an apartment by September 30th, which is when we have to be out of here. We may have to rent a storage unit for a month and stay with someone...but that's not what this story is about. That was just to give you some idea of what kind of stress we've been under.

We've also been trying to get rid of a giant, solid wood, extremely heavy entertainment center for the last two weeks. We are moving to a 2nd floor apartment and we didn't think we could get it to the 2nd floor without making a trip to the ER. Finally, one of the Craigslist responders panned out and she said they'd pick it up tonight. Well, I don't know what I was thinking, but I thought we had time to go to Wal-Mart and do the grocery shopping before they got here. Wrong. She called when we were about 1/2 way through the shopping and said they were on their way to our house. By now, we'd been in Wal-mart about 15 minutes, it was jam packed with obnoxious people, blocking EVERY SINGLE AISLE, I was hungry, had indigestion and this kid a few aisles behind us had been screaming incessantly for the last 10 minutes!! And now, all of the sudden, this lady calls and I have to decide whether we should finish the shopping, check out with what we have and come back later for the rest, or leave it all and start over tomorrow. I couldn't even focus enough to make a decision. I was just pacing back and forth on the aisle. Kent asked me, "what do you want to do?" I said to him, "I don't know. I can't decide, " and then as I waived my arms in the air like a raving lunatic I yelled, "AND THAT KID WON'T SHUT UP!!!!!" It was like the store suddenly fell silent. Never, ever in all the days that I live will I forget Kent's face at that moment. I was a tad shocked as well and immediately started laughing at what I'd just done and said, "I wasn't yelling at you, Kent. I was yelling about the kid," so in case anyone was watching, they wouldn't think we were fighting, because we weren't.

At that moment, there was no decision left to be made. We just left the buggy and started walking toward the exit. I couldn't quit laughing at my momentary insanity and I apologized to Kent multiple times for my outburst. He, of course, was forgiving because he's a saint.

Finally, we made it home and were able to unload the Entertainment Center. What a night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jessica, you make me laugh!

About Me

My photo
I'm married to a man, have one baby girl named Julianne and one dog-child named Coca. The man is Professor Longhair.