Saturday, March 24, 2007

Un-fit Mother?

I wonder if at my appointments my doctor evaluates my mental ability to raise a child. If she does, the following conversation probably cost me a few points:

March 7, 2006

Doctor: Does your family have any history of birth defects?
Jessica: No.
Doctor: Any history of genetic disorders?
Jessica: No.
Doctor: Have you ever had Herpes?
Jessica: No.
Doctor: Have you ever had Chicken Pox?
Jessica: Yes.
Doctor: Do you have "Katz"?
Jessica: Do I have what?
Doctor: "Katz".
Jessica: Well, I don't think so. I really don't know what the symptoms are though.
Doctor: A house cat?
Jessica: OH! I thought "Katz" was a disease...I just thought...I...uh...Okay, so, No, I don't have a cat.

I thought maybe "Katz" was some type of Jewish disease I'd never heard of. I don't know what is with my brain sometimes. My doctor didn't laugh. I think she just thought I was crazy.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Being crazy is yet another pregnancy side-effect...expect much more!! I'm sure the doc is used to it!

Laje Kahr said...

Ha!
That was too much.
Don't worry, my wife went through moments like that, too.

About Me

My photo
I'm married to a man, have one baby girl named Julianne and one dog-child named Coca. The man is Professor Longhair.