Thursday, December 30, 2004

THURSDAY IS TWO FOR ONE POST DAY: "An evening out" AND "Lunchables - advice for life"

Moving to a new city tends to leave you with no friends. Being the nerd that I am, I find it difficult to make new friends (I'm glad we have a lot of family here). So we haven't gone out and done much since we moved here. So, it was a treat when Kent and I spent yesterday evening with one, Glenn Warbler. It was a lovely time. We ate poboys and then went to cafe' du monde. It was on this outing that I discovered three things:
  1. Pancho's is extremely popular on Wednesday night. I mean, the line was out the door into the lobby. People really love those free sopapilla's! We decided not to wait.
  2. New Orleans has left me void of any opinions. When someone asks what I want to do, or where I want to go, I can only respond, "It doesn't matter. I'm fine with anything. Whatever you want." And, it really doesn't matter. I'm just satisfied with anything. Wierd.
  3. At The New Orleans Hamburger & Seafood Co. anything you could possibly be looking for is on the condiment bar. Could I have some Ketchup? It's on the condiment bar. Do you have any tartar sauce? It's on the condiment bar. Do you have extra ice? It's on the condiment bar. Where's the restroom? It's on the condiment bar.

Here's something that doesn't have anything to do with what I was just talking about. Do you all remember when Lunchables first came out? There slogan was "Lunch is what you make of it." That's my new motto. It's really applicable for our everyday lives. Here are some examples:

Someone at work is complaining about having to cook, clean and walk the dog when they get home, respond with "Lunch is what you make of it."

Your friend is blabbing on about having to go on a long car ride with their family, respond with "Lunch is what you make of it."

The lady behind the counter asks if you want fries and a coke, respond with "Lunch is what you make of it."

Try using it throughout the day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That makes perfect sense. now if you can just can that perfect logic and sell it you would have it made in the shade.

About Me

My photo
I'm married to a man, have one baby girl named Julianne and one dog-child named Coca. The man is Professor Longhair.