Sunday, May 07, 2006

Simmah down now...

On Sunday mornings I have to find something to do from 9:00 to 10:00 AM in Uptown New Orleans. Kent has to be at church for 9:00 but the service doesn't start until 10:00. So, I entertain myself. Today, I walked several blocks down St. Charles and had breakfast at "C'est Si Bon." It was good. I ate outside, so the flies were kind of annoying but other than that, good. That's not what this post is about though...

On my way back to the church I saw what was almost a wicked awesome AFV moment. This guy was roller blading (kinda fast) with his dog (a cocker spaniel) running along side of him on a leash. He was heading for the entrance gate at Audubon Park. At the same time a very sweaty older man was walking out of the park. I happened to turn around when I heard the man with the dog saying, "come on, this way!" Right then, the roller blader went to one side of the sweaty man and the dog when to the other. The sweaty man was just about to get clotheslined, when the roller blader let go of the leash and sweaty man grabbed it. Sweaty man was almost laughing...he didn't seem to be angry at all.

That's when the fun ended.

Roller blader started shouting, "Watch the !@#$ where you're going!" Then Sweaty Man said, "I was just walking down the street when you went to one side and your dog went to the other." Roller blader replied, "Just watch the !@#$ where you're going!! WAKE UP!!" I don't know what was up with Roller Blader but apparently he thinks the world, the city and the sidewalk revolve around him. I wanted to go tell Sweaty Man that it's okay and he shouldn't worry about what the insane roller blader said, but I thought that would be weird. So, I just walked on.

I hope he's not at home crying.

1 comment:

Laje Kahr said...

Ugh, ppl are so rude. Poor old guy.

About Me

My photo
I'm married to a man, have one baby girl named Julianne and one dog-child named Coca. The man is Professor Longhair.