Monday, June 19, 2006

My quarterly sappy post...

I really like the song by Bad Day by Daniel Powter. I hear it every morning on VH1 as I'm getting ready for work. Seriously, the video helps me not quit my job each day. Silly? Maybe.

I drag myself out of bed. Crawl to my car and into my office being fueled only by my desire to keep eating and my fondness for electricity. I greet each customer with a smile and send them on their way with a cheerful wish for a great day. But my day usually stinks. I mindlessly do my work while dreaming of painting birds on walls, swimming at the beach and building all the projects in my head. I block out the endless chatter of certain 8:30 to 5:00 faces and wish that the clock said 4:55 instead of 10:55. Then I head home. I talk to my mom on the phone, take my doggy out and see Kent walking up the driveway and none of my bad day matters anymore...

The next day it starts all over again.

I work at a smile and I go for a ride.

Daniel Powter - Bad Day - Listen to It!

1 comment:

katie said...

Hey Jessica...you wouldn't have to have a [boring] job if you started selling some of your awesome creations! Let me know if you want to go in on a booth together...there are some fairs around here. I sent my jewelry and some of my "textiles" to Canton, TX this week with a friend for her booth...it is billed as "World's Largest Flea Market." If you decide to try it, let me know. Life is too short to spend 8 hours a day not using your talents. ANd God gave you some for sure!

About Me

My photo
I'm married to a man, have one baby girl named Julianne and one dog-child named Coca. The man is Professor Longhair.