Monday, December 05, 2005

You try to do something nice and you end up with road rage!

The traffic around the area I work can be a tad hectic at times. I don't work in the middle of the city or anything, but it is a high traffic shopping area.

So, I was waiting to turn left into a parking lot and this other lady was waiting to turn left out of the parking lot. I decided to let her go first becuase I ...can't remember why...but I did. So, I motioned to her and she j u s t s a t t h e r e. THEN she started swinging her hand at me like she was swatting away a fly as if to say "GO!! Idiot girl in the silver car with the missing hubcap!" and I was just trying to help her! So, then I got a bit irritated at her and proceded to say, outloud, alone in my car, while waving my hands around like I'm on a deserted island trying to signal an airplane, "Well, I was going to let you go. But you got all ugly with your little hand wave. See if I let you out again!"

Yes, it was very effective. I'm sure she is an expert lip reader and she's just been waiting all her life for me to let her onto the road. I'll bet she doesn't even drive anymore because she knows I will not let her out again. It's usually only after the rage that I realize how ridiculous I look sometimes.

1 comment:

The Getup Kid said...

Hi I'm a friend of Brian's. I loved this post. It's so awesome.

About Me

My photo
I'm married to a man, have one baby girl named Julianne and one dog-child named Coca. The man is Professor Longhair.