Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Happy Anniversary, Sicko!

Kent's and my 4th Anniversary is coming up soon. We've been hemming and hawwing about whether or not to buy each other gifts, what to do to celebrate and all of that business. Well, we finally decided what to get each other. I know its a bit early, but what can you do, right? We gave each other a pre-anniversary stomach virus! That's right! And in a house with only one bathroom it's really helped us learn the value of compromise, and that's the real gift. Don't you agree?

Seriously, we've been vomitting our guts out.

We just decided this was the absolute perfect gift. Besides, nothing says "I'm still the girl you married" like regurgitated granola stuck to your neck.



**Bonus**
Yes, I Am Supposed to be an Adult
Yesterday I went to work thinking I could stick it out. I hate to lose money and I won't have any sick days until May 1st. Well, I couldn't stick it out. I hadn't thrown up but I could feel it coming. So I told my boss I needed to go home and I left. I stopped by walgreens to get some Lysol and crackers. While I was in line I started to feel really weak and hot and nauseated. The girl two people in front of me was buying enough gum and soap to freshen the breath of and clean like 20 elephants. I couldn't take it. I rushed out of the store to get some air. I thought I'd composed myself and went back in. I started to feel sick again and thought maybe I just need to go to the bathroom. So, I asked a girl who worked there where the restroom was. Aisle 9C. I walked towards aisle 9C and was about one aisle away when I realized, "Oh, no I'm going to puke" I had to push past a man with my hand over my mouth. I made it to aisle 9C, but there was no sign for a bathroom. Then the vomit came. I stood there, like a kid, vomitting all over the medicine aisle, my feet and my pants (but not a drop on my super cute, new, beaded wristlet I got last weekend). Of course, then I started crying. Not just a sniffling crying, but a BOO HOO HOO. The same man that I'd pushed past earlier came over and said, "do you need some help?" He didn't even work at the store. I sobbed and said "I'm sick and I can't find the bathroom, but don't come over here. You don't want to see this." Then the manager showed up and helped me to the bathroom. I realized I must've looked crazy with mascara streaming down my face and vomit all over my pants. I came out of the bathroom and asked for a mop so I could clean up my mess, but he insisted they'd do it. So, I walked out of the store as calmly as I could and left. When's the last time you've seen a "grown-up", not drunk, and vommitting in a store?

1 comment:

Bee-ryan said...

Wow, I am so sorry, for both of you.

About Me

My photo
I'm married to a man, have one baby girl named Julianne and one dog-child named Coca. The man is Professor Longhair.