Saturday, March 18, 2006

"What a splendid head, yet no brain." - Aesop

Throughout my full-grown life I've gained weight and lost weight, cut my hair short and grown it long, gotten a tan then faded to a pasty white - there have been many changes. But, in this ever changing world there's one thing that remains constant:

MY GIANT HEAD!

Before you start with the obligatory, "No, your head's not big!" Let me just explain that it is giant and I'm okay with it.


Men's size Large hats are tight on my oversized, bobble head.

My graduation caps have had to be attached with clips and hairpins because they bust off of my gargantuan head.

I once needed a big, floppy hat for a murder mystery dinner. Kent's mom offered to let me borrow one of hers. I said that it would probably be too small. I tried it on anyway....and...I could not pull it down. It just kind of floated on top of my inflated, balloon head.

If I follow a crochet pattern to make myself a hat, I have to continuously add stitches so it will fit my big, fat, rock head.

Yes, so, my head is indeed a large one but I think I'm going to keep it because nothing is funnier at 7:00 in the morning than not being able to fit your head through the head-hole in your sweater.

2 comments:

katie said...

YESSSS!!!! Someone else with the same problem!!! It's always so aggravating to see a cute hat when I'm out shopping--and to know that--NOPE!--it's not gonna fit MY big head.

I feel your pain! I have to buy those really stretchy hats or the oversize straw hats. Maybe we should go into business making hats for large-cranium, super-inteligent/creative women?!?! There you go! We could prob. make some bucks! :)

ashley said...

I never noticed...really. Granted, I didn't spend a large amount of time comparing this size of your head to others, but if I had to guess, I would have said it was pretty normal. By the way, thanks for visiting me in blog world. I have to let you know that I laughed so hard at your sleeping "antics" that I was crying. Poor Josh couldn't understand what I was talking about. You guys seem to be doing really well in New Orleans. Best Wishes!

About Me

My photo
I'm married to a man, have one baby girl named Julianne and one dog-child named Coca. The man is Professor Longhair.