Monday, March 06, 2006

What a knockout!!

You may, or may not, know some of Kent's and my "sleeping" stories, or should I say antics. Well, add another to the list. I woke up Wednesday morning with a sore and a little clogged nose. As the day progressed I tried to blow my nose, but nothing would come out. Not to mention, it was getting more and more painful. Finally, by the evening my nose was really sore and not the cartilage part, but the bone and surrounding area. I was stumped. Kent and I really did not remember me hitting my face on anything and that is something that's usually hard to forget. As we got ready to go to bed that night I noticed a smear of blood on my pillow! At first I thought, "GROSS!" Then, after changing the pillow case and thinking about it a little longer, we realized what probably happened to my nose.

You may have heard the story about the time, when Kent and I had been married for only a few months and I had a mid-morning mishap. I rolled onto my back (which I usually don't do and for good reason) and was probably 1/4 awake. All of the sudden, Kent elbows me full force in the chest. I yell, of course, and he wakes up. Turns out, he was fighting someone off his back in his dream and I guess I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

All of that to say, we think somehow some part of Kent, whether it was his head, his elbow or his hand, hit me in the nose during the night. I got hit so hard that it left a bruise and was sore for 5 days! How I didn't wake up during the incident, I don't know.

2 comments:

Drew Caperton said...

Jessica, you need to publish your blog. There are websites that will do this for you. I think it's called CafePress.com or something. All I'm saying is that if you printed it, I'd buy and it and tell my friends to buy it, too.

Jessica said...

Thanks! That would be cool, but then I wouldn't be able to add to it.

About Me

My photo
I'm married to a man, have one baby girl named Julianne and one dog-child named Coca. The man is Professor Longhair.