Sunday, November 06, 2005

MRE for ME

Friday night I had my very first MRE. The big bag said "Beef Ravioli". But it was oh-so-much more than just that.

I had no idea that there would be so much stuff in there! Kent said, "you know it's more than just ravioli in there?" and I said "No?" I opened it and much to my surprise...I had ravioli, fruit salad, vegetable crackers, cheese spread, a chocolate chip brownie, orange drink mix, instant coffee, tabasco and various accessories. I was so excited! It was like an adventure opening it.

(Pictured above: Not actually what was in my MRE, but an example)


Oh yeah, and it also had this self-heating bag (the green thing in the picture above) to heat it in. I decided to heat it in the microwave though because I'm sort of lazy. Turns out that was a bad idea because when I opened the microwave to take the food out a hot piece of meat popped out and burned me on the chin. Then my dog, the cokes, ate it and burned her little mouthy. Poor poochy.

Anyway, it was really good. If they didn't have a google calories in each pack I would want to buy MREs to eat for dinner every night.

Speaking of MREs (actually I have no idea if this even has an MRE in it) I want to see the movie Jarhead.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to see the movie Jarhead too!! Kellie

Laje Kahr said...

Out of curiosity:
Why did you eat the MRE? Did you just decide you wanted to try some Military on the go eats? Was it something left over from the hurricane?

About Me

My photo
I'm married to a man, have one baby girl named Julianne and one dog-child named Coca. The man is Professor Longhair.