Sunday, March 13, 2005

Did you ever hear this story?

So, Easter is coming up and therefore so is Good Friday. That has reminded me of a story. It happened one year ago on Good Friday...

I was on my way home from work. My boss had let us off early. I was in a great mood. The sun was shining. I had the radio turned up and the windows down. What a great afternoon...or so I thought. I pull into our driveway, as happy as can be, when I see these little brown things all over outside of the living room window. I thought "What the heck is that?" After pulling up closer I realize that they are bees all over the window, and swarming around the electric box right by the window. I thought, "Well, I'll just make a break for it and run in the door." So, I got out of the car and as I'm running toward the door I realized the bees aren't all over the outside of the window...THEY'RE ON THE INSIDE! HUNDREDS OF BEES! I was totally freaked out. I ran back to my car, locked the doors and called the landlord. What is his response? "Oh, well, do you have somewhere you can stay tonight, because I'm not going to be able to get anyone out there. You can probably wait until night time when the bees calm down and go in to get some clothes." No way...not acceptable. I told him to try to get someone. I tried to call Kent, but no answer. Then I thought I better leave because bees can fly through A/C vents... or so I imagined. So, I went over to Kirstin's. Eventually I got in touch with Kent and warned him not to go in the house, but to meet me at Kirstin's. Eventually that evening the exterminator came and my wonderful Kenty met him there. It turns out it was just a random swarm of bees passing through the area that decided to build a hive in our wall. As the exterminator was leaving he said, "You may hear some buzzing for a few days but don't let it bother you, it's just the leftover bees." Yeah, like it's not going to bother me. Anyway, I never thought we'd actually use the mosquito net hanging over our bed to protect us from bugs, but we did.

Oh memories....Kent used to tell me when we were dating "The weirdest stuff happens to you!" Now, it happens to both of us.

1 comment:

Kent said...

Lucky me, right?

About Me

My photo
I'm married to a man, have one baby girl named Julianne and one dog-child named Coca. The man is Professor Longhair.