Saturday, March 26, 2005

Shark Tale

Has anyone seen the migrating sharks off the coast of Floriday? Now that is scary! It's really like the TV movie "Spring Break Shark Attack." Experts say sharks usually don't bother humans...usually. I don't think I'll bank on usually. Last year when we were on vacation Kent, Daniel (my brother) and I were out past the first sandbar in the gulf when we saw a big black shadow hanging around us. I got freaked out and climbed up on my raft. They said "oh Jessica, it's just a big mackrel" I accepted that explanation. Then it came back and was lurking about 3 feet past us so I decided it wasn't worth the risk and headed out of there. The next day, on the front page of the newspaper. I see "SHARKS SPOTTED AT BEACH" and the shadow they showed in the water was identical to the one we saw! Yikes. I do like sharks. I think they're really neat. If I ever have enough money and the opportunity I would like to become a certified diver and go down in one of those shark cages. That would be cool...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jessiquita,
Was your shark incident in Destin? I ask since we're going in a couple of months and I need to know if I should show Amy this entry or not :-)

Jessica said...

Actually, it was in Navarre Beach. If I remember right, that's about 30 minutes west of Destin. But, that was last year, so they've probably moved on. :)

About Me

My photo
I'm married to a man, have one baby girl named Julianne and one dog-child named Coca. The man is Professor Longhair.