Friday, May 20, 2005

3 Posts in One Week - It's UH-MAYZIN!

I've only had one cavity in my life. It's only by God's sheer grace though, because I am in no way dedicated to oral hygiene. In fact, today has been another "didn't brush my teeth" day. In addition I used to floss only twice a year - right before my dental appointments. For some odd reason I decided to floss one night. We'll much to my dismay, in the midst of my flossing I pulled out my only filling (which I figured out had been cracked a couple of weeks earlier when I bit into a pearl in my gumbo at a restaurant. I still have the pearl.). Now I never, ever floss. (I'm so gross. I really don't know how Kent can handle it) So I had to go to the dentist to get it filled again.

I'm in the dental chair waiting for my Novacain shot and I hadn't had one in a long time, so I wasn't totally positive about how painful it would be. My dentist comes in with the needle and sensing my nervousness tells me, "Don't worry, it'll just feel like a little mosquito bite." He gave me two shots. One in my gums and one in the roof of my mouth. Well I don't know what kind of scary mosquitoes live in his yard, but if I had a mosquito bite me like that you better believe I'd be notifying wildlife and fisheries about a new species. Dentist, if you are reading this maybe you should describe it more like "Don't worry, it'll just feel like your being sliced with a razor on the roof of your mouth and in your gums." LIAR!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm married to a man, have one baby girl named Julianne and one dog-child named Coca. The man is Professor Longhair.