Friday, May 20, 2005

Pieces of Freedom: My Summer Plans

I love Summer. It always kind of bums me out that now that I work rather than go to school I don't have Summers off. Even in college I never took Summer school classes. I only worked one Summer and never did that again. It was great. I loved the freedom, the relaxed days - it was awesome.



Last year was my first Summer as a worker. I have to say, it wasn't great. I hated being trapped in my office for 9 hours a day rather than playing.



This Summer is going to be different. It's already started actually. I live very close to where I work, so I go home everyday for lunch. That's something I really enjoy. I go inside and play with Coca. After I take her out to relieve herself I fix myself something to eat. I usually eat my lunch outside in the backyard while Coca plays. It's really great because our backyard is our own little piece of "country" in the city. Its pretty big for New Orleans (Metairie), full of trees - so it's nice and shady, and it's fenced so I don't have to worry about the Cokester running away. We have some kind of fruit tree (I think its lemons), a pecan tree, and two oak trees. There are tons of squirrels. I've seen blue jays, a woodpecker and a cardinal. I'm so thankful we rented this place and not some of the others we looked at. So, I get an hour of Summer freedom everyday! I love it.



Also, I'm planning on going to the beach a few times this year. The first is a girl trip to Florida on Memorial Day weekend. It will be so much fun! I'm very excited!



The second will be with my fam! It will be awesome. I've never missed a family vacation yet and I don't intend to start this year. We usually stay for a week in whatever cool place my mom found on the internet. I'm stoked.



The third is still in the works actually...



Anyway, so that's my Summer. I hate having to go to work (I enjoy my job though), but I can still enjoy my Summer. I hope all of yours are great too!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm married to a man, have one baby girl named Julianne and one dog-child named Coca. The man is Professor Longhair.