Friday, July 29, 2005

Closing in on a record

I am closing in on a personal record. I've never had a job for more than 10 months. It just hasn't worked out. I've been with my current company for what will soon be 9 months. Of course I have a reason why all of the other jobs didn't work out. I now take you on the timeline of unemployment:

Babysit two kids all summer - 5 days 1996- One kid chased me with a cow rib.






YMCA Camp Cullen - Summer 1998 - Job ended, that's it.




Jean Breaux & Associates
- Sept. 1998 - May 1999 - I wanted a more fun job for the summer



Lafayette Health Club "Life Guard" - 2 days in May 1999 - Boring





BREC Camp - Counselor - 4 days in June 1999 - Kids drove me crazy



Toy Soldier - Sales - Never showed up for the first day


Talbot's - Sales - 2 Days in november 1999 or 2000 (I can't remember) Told me I didn't dress nice enough


I'm not sure, but I don't think I had another job until I got out of college.


Highland Baptist Christian School
- "PE Teacher" August 2001 - May 2002 What was I thinking. I never even liked PE. It really takes a special person to teach and it's not me.

Corky's Barbeque - now that was awesome! Just kidding - 3 months sometime in 2002 Do I really need to give a reason for quitting?

The Hise Company - 10 months (the record) - moved


Current Company...we shall see...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's Is soo Funny !! all the jobs!! that you had!!

later

Anonymous said...

Boy! Did you ever have the assortment of jobs! I remember clearly the calls of desperation from a few of those jobs. There is something you have learned from each experience, I'm sure. I know clearly you are not chosen to teach, at least not right now, maybe after you have had 1- 8 babies to raise. LOL! Please humor us and enlighten us by what you have learned good or bad! Everything is providential! Love you!

Jessica said...

I've learned I don't like to work with kids, I don't like sales, I don't like barbeque sauce all over me, and not to take a job where I have to tuck my shirt in, because it won't happen. I do like living 4 minutes from my job and going home for lunch and vacation.

Laje Kahr said...

lol, stay true to yourself! I think you look at jobs kinda like I do...they are like shirts, if they don't fit and/or you don't like them, get rid of them!

Laje
My 'real' blog

Jessica said...

Yeah, why be miserable? Just move on.

Bee-ryan said...

Wow...that makes me feel so much better. It's all a learning experience. I've LEARNED that!

About Me

My photo
I'm married to a man, have one baby girl named Julianne and one dog-child named Coca. The man is Professor Longhair.