Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Who? Me?

Well, today was like any other day...work-lunch-work-home. There was one event that made this day unlike any other I've experienced. I'd gone to lunch as usual and was headed back to the office as usual. I pulled into our office driveway and saw the maintenance engineer getting into his truck. I wasn't going to get out to talk to him because it was raining and I'm allergic to water. However, he kept motioning like he needed to tell me something. So, I stuck my head over the top of my car to see what he wanted. He then asked me, "Did you bring your dog to the office recently?" I said that I had on Saturday for a little while. He then covered his face as if to say "Oh no..." (like the guy on SNL). I said, "Why did she have an accident?" He said, "Uh, yeah." So I asked him where, thinking it was in the back hallway, or the storage area, where we rarely go. "In the boss's office!" Oh great...now I'm in trouble. I rushed inside and much to my disappointment the boss was on the phone. I hurried to my computer and messaged him,  "Are you ready to be mad at me?" No response, so I typed "I brought my dog to the office on Saturday and I think she may have left a surprise in your office." I heard him get off the phone and start walking to my office, I turned as red as a tomato as I heard him turn the corner and I started in on the "I'm so sorries." I was shocked and emabarrassed. He said he'd already called the cleaning company thinking one of them had brought a dog into our office, but was relieved to know it was me. I of course, couldn't quit laughing and apologizing. He laughed it off too and said it was funny more than anything else. I told him I'd go clean it up and he said "no, I'll do it". There was no way I was letting him clean my dogs poop, and I went to clean it up. There they were...two little Coca turds, about the size of the long skinny tootsie rolls. I was totally embarrassed and proceded to explain to my boss how I can never be normal and that it's just fitting that I get a new boss and my dog poos on his office floor!! I told him I wouldn't bring her back any more, but he said he didn't care if I brought her to the office. It really was no problem. He just told me he may leave a surprise under my desk. I told him that would be really wierd since he doesn't have any animals... The thing is, that little turd factory ran into our building about 30 seconds ahead of me. I quickly went in and shut everyone's office doors except mine so she couldn't leave any surprises. She must've shot those out like missles as soon as she got in there. Thanks Coca...way to help your moms get on the boss's good side!

3 comments:

Drew Caperton said...

Coca turd-missles, sounds like it could be a government secret project. Are you sure you chose Coca and she didn't choose you, Mrs. Caperton!? She could be a spy [or a druglord] and you would never know it.

Anonymous said...

haha thats funny im glad your boss took it lightly

Anonymous said...

Aren't you glad you don't have a Great Dane! You probably wouldn't be nearing your employment longevtiy record : )

About Me

My photo
I'm married to a man, have one baby girl named Julianne and one dog-child named Coca. The man is Professor Longhair.