Saturday, July 09, 2005

Why do roaches get on people while they're sleeping?

As many of you may know, New Orleans has some huge roaches. They actually use bucking roaches in rodeos here rather than broncos. I've been thinking about our disgusting brown neighbors a lot lately due to all the rain we've been getting. It has made me recall two roach stories from people I know:

1. *Person* who shall remain nameless, was sleeping in her comfy, cozy bed. All of the sudden she woke up to something sharp poking her in the leg. When she lifted her covers it was a great big flying cocroach!

2. *Person* who shall also remain nameless, woke up to a huge roach on his hand and proceded to fling it across the room!

WHY DO ROACHES GET ON PEOPLE WHILE THEY'RE SLEEPING? Are they looking for crumbs? Do they watch us all day and think, "Just wait till you go to sleep. I'm going to get that little jelly smudge off of your cheek." Maybe they're just mocking us. They know they're hated so the crawl on us just to spite us. Neither of the above stories were about me, but I've been sleeping with tissues in my ears a lot lately, just to make sure nothing takes up residence.

Anyway, just wanted to share some grossness...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard that every person at least once in their lifetime has had a roach crawl in their mouth while they are sleeping. EEEWWWWW

Jessica said...

That makes me want to puke!

BlushingBee00 said...

Hi Jessica,im BlushingBee00,rouches get on people at night when they sleep because they forge for food and scence your mostly still when you sleep they dont get scared of you so eventully somtimes they crawl on ya,nice blog bye the way,I left a comment on your oh,,,my kidney's January 2005 post to,if you want read it,cya.

About Me

My photo
I'm married to a man, have one baby girl named Julianne and one dog-child named Coca. The man is Professor Longhair.