Sunday, October 30, 2005

City of Separation

Kent and I are in Lafayette this weekend, actually until about 5 PM today. If we did not get a chance to see you I'm very sorry. This weekend was packed but I had a great time.

I am not good at making friends. I don't think I've made any new friends since Kellie back in 1998 if you don't count people who married into the "friendship" (maybe I'm forgetting someone, if I am it's not that I'm forgetting you, it's just that I am not good at remembering when things happen). This weekend Kellie and Gene and Stacey and Jeremy were in town. Plus, Kirstin and Jeremy D. already live here so I was so happy we could all hang out on Friday! I just don't think I'll ever make any other friends that I can just litterally, sit around with for hours. It just won't happen. I seriously don't think I'll meet anyone in New Orleans and then hang out at their house until 1 or 2 in the morning. You just can't talk about gas and vomit with nouveau friends (not that I have any. We did start to make friends with this one couple. We even went out to eat with them and it was great fun, but then the hurricane came and they never came back to New Orleans).

It was great seeing people at the football game too. I hadn't seen Brent in about 17 years so that was super fun. Some other people (namely one that my mom sent chocolate covered cherries to) I haven't seen in a long long time were not in town, so that would have made it complete.

So, the weekend is coming to a close. I know we'll see a lot of the people the next time we come to Lafayette (which is the end of November, btw). And I know we won't see a lot of them for 17 more years. Unless some of you move back to Louisiana and I would be stoked.

Time to end this mushy post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel so privileged to be your last friend!! I miss all of ya'll too. Kellie

About Me

My photo
I'm married to a man, have one baby girl named Julianne and one dog-child named Coca. The man is Professor Longhair.