Saturday, October 22, 2005

I'm sorry you caught me accidentally trying to steal your dog.

I saw a Rat Terrier (dog) that I'd never seen before running around in our neighborhood last weekend. It was cute, but I didn't try to catch it. Of course, the next day I see signs posted all over:

LOST RAT TERRIER
WHITE WITH BLACK SPOTS
SICK - NEEDS MEDICATION
NAME - ROXIE
That always happens, every time I decide not to catch a stray dog, I find a sign that someone is missing it. So, I felt bad, but I moved on.
Thursday, I came home from locking up the buildings at work and there was that same Rat Terrier running around the street. So, I decided I would catch it and call her owner. So I parked the car in our driveway, got out, and said:
"Come 'ere, Come on little pup, Come see."
She just stared at me. So, I squatted down and while tapping my leg (which most dogs associate with come) said:
"Awe...come 'ere. Come see. Come on."
She began to wag her tail and look really excited. So, then I decided to clap my hands a few times and call her again:
CLAP CLAP CLAP
"Come on!"
That was her cue! She came running towards me. She only got about half way to me though when a man talking on a cordless phone stepped out from behind the bushes by his house. He looked at me (all irritated like), looked at his dog and told her:
"Let's go!"
And the dog ran back with him. I guess it wasn't Roxie.
I waved to the man as I stood up and tried to play it off like I was just trying to be friendly, but he didn't wave back. I guess I would have been pretty mad too if someone was trying to get my dog. Next time I try to catch a dog I'm going to make sure there aren't any people around.
So, anyway, Mr. Down the Street talks on a Cordless phone, I'm sorry you caught me accidentally trying to steal your dog.

2 comments:

Laje Kahr said...

Oh, how embarrassing!
And knowing there is nothing you can say that will make it look right.

Bee-ryan said...

Awwwwwwww....

About Me

My photo
I'm married to a man, have one baby girl named Julianne and one dog-child named Coca. The man is Professor Longhair.