Monday, October 03, 2005

Should I move on?

Today, as I sat in a hot parking garage, having just called someone to find out when I could come vacuum their office, I got another call asking that I come remove the trash from their office. Last week I splashed toilet water all over me as I tried to unclog the toilet in a Women's Clinic. That same day, I cleaned out ash trays. It was really special.

We all have to do a little extra since we're short handed due to the hurricane.

The weird thing is that the janitorial work I've done in the last few days have been the only good parts of my job (besides actually having a job) in the last three months. To me, there's something so much more satisfying about seeing clean sand in an ash tray than reporting why we were off budget by 5% in the month of July. Plus, when I'm doing janitorial work I'm all alone and that's how I prefer to work...in silence.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm married to a man, have one baby girl named Julianne and one dog-child named Coca. The man is Professor Longhair.