Friday, October 07, 2005

Jackets

I wore a jacket today!! In Louisiana...New Orleans, Louisiana. It was wonderful. I even got wind burn on my lips

Here's some new stuff in J & J Caperton Land:
If I make a constant "uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" sound while Kent grabs my back and shakes me. I can't help it, I have to laugh. I try so hard not to laugh, but I just can't do it. It's like an automatic laugh button. If I don't make the sound then I don't laugh. There's just something about the combination of "uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" and a good shaking that CRACKS ME UP!

We are having a gnat problem. In the yard, in the kitchen, in our room, by the trash....gnats, ugh. I really don't know what to do about them. If you can remember the fly incident you know how bug infestations get me worked up. If you don't know the fly incident here's a recap:

Kent and I were getting ready to leave for vacation about 2 years ago. We were living in Lafayette in the townhouse. First of all we kept smelling something REALLY, REALLY stinky. I thought it was something dead in the wall (it wasn't, but that's another story for another post...well not really it's not that long. It turns out that the stinky smell was actually the water heater, located in a closet in our bedroom. The plug had been burning up, everyday as the water heater heated water. It even burned in our sleep! Very, scarry, but at the time of the flies we didn't know that was the problem). So, anyway I'd killed so many flies that day...seriously I think the total was 29. I thought that something was dead in the wall and the flies were feeding on it. I was so grossed out and I was losing it. The final straw was when I smacked a fly on a light fixture and the fixture broke in half. I then called Kent at work with that familiar "I was bluh blah blah boo hoo hoo and then I boo hoo blahh wahh" combination of crying and talking that he and my mom know so well. I'd finally freaked out and was crying and crying because I couldn't kill all the flies. There were just too many. He told me to get out of the house, but unfortunately my car was kaput at that time...Infestations...not my thing. As if anyone really digs a bug infestation? "Man, I'd really like alot of ants in my house!"

I don't understand why so many refridgerators are being thrown away just because they had moldy food. They're just put out by the street and taped shut. I'd understand if they were flooded or in a house that's been flooded, but alot of the ones I've seen aren't. Clean it out. Yeah, its gross, but it's over in just an hour or so and you don't have to waste a whole appliance. It's all I can do to keep myself from picking them up off the side of the road. I love trash.

1 comment:

beth hintze said...

it's probably b/c they claimed it as damaged or something for insurance so now they get to get a new one! so tell your neighbors thanks for making insurance premiums even higher...i guess we're all buying them new refrigerators! ;) [now, that's not to say that some ppl don't genuinely need new fridges--but i'm sure plenty of others are using the catastrophy to their advantage.] ...and who's clifford?! :)

About Me

My photo
I'm married to a man, have one baby girl named Julianne and one dog-child named Coca. The man is Professor Longhair.