Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Now for the bad news...

Well, even if it is bad news. I usually still think its funny...

Kent and I thought we found a house we wanted to rent. It needed a little freshening up, but it wasn't anything we couldn't handle. Plus, it had a lot of character. Very, very cute and finally in a safe neighborhood! BONUS! So, the two of us looked at it once and then I was going to go back on my lunch break the following week and fill out the application. Well, I went back and my mom and sister came with me. I still liked it a lot, but we noticed that the floor in the hallway was very uneven. So, we went outside where my mom decided to stick her head under the house (it's one of those old houses that's raised up). As she moved closer to the back of the house while looking under it, my sister and I heard a sound. We couldn't really make out what it was at first, maybe birds or maybe my mom trying to scare us, but she said it wasn't her. THEN it got louder and louder. It actually sounded like a guinea pig squealing! More like several guinea pigs! Well, I was 99% sure that there was not a nest of "guinea pigs" living under that house. More than likely, if it was a nest of some type of rodent, it's rats!! OH GAG!!! THERE'S NO WAY I WOULD LIVE IN THAT HOUSE!!! Not to mention, when we get our Chihuahua a giant rat could eat it! I had some friends who had rats and it was a nightmare! I saw one of their rats run across the counter once and (I know this sounds like an exaggeration, but it's not) it was about the length of my forearm. I almost wet my pants it scared me so bad! Well, at least we found out before we moved in. All I want is a place where we won't be called to court to be murder witnesses. But, I guess I'd rather be a witness than a victim. Oh well, back to the classifieds.

1 comment:

beth hintze said...

Well Jessica, I must say good luck! I'm thinking that finding a safe place with a decent commute for both of y'all within your price range will be a bit of a challenge! But I've known people who've done it--so keep your chin up! And have I ever told you my rat stories from time at Elysian Fields Apartments (it was off campus seminary housing when i was there) I can COMPLETELY relate to the goal of avoiding rats whenever possible! Take care and happy hunting!

About Me

My photo
I'm married to a man, have one baby girl named Julianne and one dog-child named Coca. The man is Professor Longhair.