Monday, January 31, 2005

We have a Doorbell!

Well we've moved all of our belongings into "the place." I'm not sure what to call it yet. Our apartment, our house, our 1/2 double (no that's too long), our cave. I'll probably call it all kinds of things. Anyway, it's a crazy house right now. WHY do we have so much stuff? WHY can't I throw anything away? I'll tell you why. Everything is an unfinished art project. "Oh, no I need that it's for a project." I'm sure Kent hears those words more than he'd like. Not only can I not throw away my own stuff. I take other people's stuff that they are getting rid of and save it for my various projects. Sometimes I don't even have a project in mind, I just get it for parts. If that's not bad enough, I dig in trash. It's like an obsession. I can't let good stuff go to waste. I just can't. It kills me to see good items in the trash. You'd be surprised all of the things around our home that I've gotten off the side of the road.

So, back to the new place. I really like it a lot. It's got a cute little picket gate and a big backyard for our new one. Not that they will be spending much time outside (you'll hear more about this after Feb. 11th). We have 2 bedrooms and one bathroom and no drawers in the kitchen. Plus, we have a doorbell. But most exciting of all! WE HAVE AN ICE MAKER! I'VE NEVER HAD AN ICE MAKER IN ALL OF MY LIFE! No more ice trays! I'm free!

Yesterday I thought I heard a jackhammer next door. Turns out it really was a jack hammer. Neat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, you're not the only one who has trouble throwing things away. I've collected stuff for the past 36 years. OMG, I just told my age.... anyway, your uncle keeps things circulating because he doesn't like clutter and throws perfectly good stuff away. Just ask him what happened to my two patio tables!!!

Your place is lovely. Once you give all your personal touches to it, it will feel like home. Congrats!!!

Aunt S.

Carrie said...

send a pic! Ice makers are so awesome! We don't have one now but we did once and it was all that I thought it could be :)

About Me

My photo
I'm married to a man, have one baby girl named Julianne and one dog-child named Coca. The man is Professor Longhair.