Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Taxes

I know this is kind of wierd, but I'm actually excited about doing our taxes this year. I've really tried to do a good bit of research on the IRS website to find out what we qualify for. I was pleased to learn that we qualify for either the Hope or Lifetime Learning Credits!

Just a bit of information, if you are reading this and you have a child, and you file a tax return, you may want to check this out, if you haven't already done so. Most people probably already know all about the Earned Income Tax Credit, but I just learned about it this year, so I thought I would just throw it out there so no one would miss out.

So far, everyone I've talked to this year about whether they've done their taxes or not, they all have to pay! I hope we don't. It's always fun to get that tax return, even if it's just a little bit.

Well, that's enough about taxes, I think.

Coca didn't cry when I left her today after lunch. I was very happy. I always feel so guilty leaving her.

I went to the Freret Steet Fesitval and Homeownership Fair this weekend. My aunt works for a savings and loan company and she had to work a booth there, so I tagged along. I spent most of the day walking around by myself and listening to the bands play. Well, I happened to be listening to one band when they said "Alright, now we're going to play a waltz! Everyone grab a partner!" So, I put on my grumpiest face hoping no one would talk to or touch me. I was doing a great job, really. BUT WHO COMES AND MAKES ME DANCE WITH THEM! Gumbo the Saints Mascot Dog! And then the big hairy mascot pretended to lick my head! Mascots....they think they think they can do whatever they want...

2 comments:

beth hintze said...

I just did my taxes tonight. I was horrified at how little I made last year! I am getting a small federal refund but I have to pay state! UGH!! It's only $22, but it's so frustrating. Louisiana is already sucking the LIFE out of me--now they have to take MONEY too?! ;) Oh, and this has to be one of my favorite lines: "Mascots....they think they think they can do whatever they want..." You are hilarious Jessica!

Mrs. D said...

Hey Jessica! I got money back this year from federal ($348) and state ($2). So, it was a happy time for me this year! I hope you get good results as well.

About Me

My photo
I'm married to a man, have one baby girl named Julianne and one dog-child named Coca. The man is Professor Longhair.